Invite the Commissioner to an event
If you would like to invite the Commissioner of Yukon to an event, include the following information in the request:
- Is this a formal, informal or casual event?
- Will spouses be attending? If so, please invite “The Commissioner of Yukon and a guest”.
- What is the dress code?
- Will the Commissioner be expected to make a speech or presentation? If so, what is the preferred length of speech?
- Will there be other speakers? If so, who?
- Will other dignitaries be attending?
- Will media be attending?
- How long will your event last?
- How long will the Commissioner be expected to attend?
Send this information as an invitation to the Office of the Commissioner:
Commissioner of Yukon
412 Main Street
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2B7
The sooner the Commissioner receives an invitation, the greater the chance they will be available to attend.
You will need to provide the Commissioner with a complimentary ticket to your event. The Commissioner is unfortunately not able to financially support organizations’ events by buying tickets.
The Commissioner will be accompanied by an aide-de-camps (a high-ranking assistant) at most events. If your event is seated, such as a dinner, the aide-de-camps must always sit close by and have the Commissioner in sight. The aide-de-camps' ticket will also need to be complementary.