Request an honorary patronage
If you would like to ask the Commissioner to become a patron of your organization, submit your request by letter along with a completed request for patronage form.
Address your letter to:
Commissioner of Yukon
412 Main Street
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2B7
Your organization must re-apply for patronage at the beginning of each new Commissioner's term in office. Patronage does not guarantee that the Commissioner will attend or be involved in events hosted by your organization.
The Commissioner of Yukon has established the following criteria when considering patronage requests. The organization must:
- have aims and objectives that are aligned with the current Commissioner’s pillars (education, family, creativity and civic pride for Commissioner Bernard);
- be well-established with a proven track record;
- be territorial or regional in scope;
- have active programs that are a direct benefit to the community and are implemented annually;
- be non-political;
- be financially responsible; and
- agree to not use the Commissioner's patronage in direct connection with fundraising campaigns or events.