This funding program supports events that:
- promote vitality and diversity of the Yukon Francophone community; and
- create opportunities for Yukoners to participate in Yukon Francophone community celebrations.
About Yukon Francophonie Day
Since 2007, the Government of Yukon has proclaimed May 15 as Yukon Francophonie Day.
Yukon Francophonie Day helps all Yukoners to appreciate and celebrate the history and vitality of the Yukon Francophone community.
This official day reminds us that French-speaking people have been exploring the Yukon, settling in the territory and contributing to its development for almost 200 years.
French-speaking people enrich the Yukon culturally, economically and socially.
French is 1 of Canada's 2 official languages and an integral part of the country's historical, cultural and linguistic fabric.
To be eligible, your event must:
- take place between May 10 and May 15;
- showcase a French-language or Francophone culture component;
- be free of charge (no admission fees or donation required for entry);
- be open to the general public and promoted as such, except for activities organized in schools and daycares; and
- be held in the Yukon.
We give priority to events scheduled on May 15.
The following events are not eligible
- Events of a primarily religious, political, or commercial nature
- Events whose primary purpose is fundraising or contests
- Events that are in whole or in part an extension of regular or permanent programming
- Events held on an individual’s private property
Who can apply
Who can apply
- Educational institutions
You must submit the application form and budget spreadsheet before 4:30 pm on March 15, 2024.
When we'll contact you
The Office of the Commissioner will contact the successful applicants by March 22, 2024.
- Projects that support the vitality of the Yukon’s French-speaking population across the territory
- Size and diversity of the prospective audience
- Clarity of the project and its objectives
- Realistic financial projections
To to be considered for funding you must:
- meet all eligibility requirements; and
- submit a complete application.
Submitting an application is not a guarantee of funding.
How to apply for funding
- Complete the application form and a budget spreadsheet.
- Submit your application form and budget spreadsheet before the deadline.
412 Main Street